Looking to the right of the previous shot, one sees the chain bridge and to the far right the Marriott Hotel where we stayed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/István_Széchenyi will give you the historical information on the bridge which was the first permanent bridge across the Danube linking Buda and Pest, HU.
St. Matthias Church at Buda Castle complex, with statue of King Matthias Corvinus (1458-1490). Earliest remains of the church date from 1206-1270. It was enlarged 1368-1437. The revered ruler and great King, Matthias Corvinus embellished the building in Renaissance style. http://www.budapest-tourist-guide.com/matthias-church.html
View of the apse of St. Matthias Church
St. Matthias pulpit
St. Matthias organ
View of Buda Castle and St. Matthias Church
Fisherman’s Bastion portion of Buda Castle, designed by Frigyes Schulek between 1895-1902 in neo-Romanesque neo-Gothic style. It was intended only for decoration, not for military use.
View of Danube through one of the many arches of Fisherman’s Bastion, framing St. Anne’s Church begun in 1740 and consecrated in 1805 – delayed by the earthquake of 1763.
View of Parliament through an arch in the wall of Fisherman’s Bastion. The conical ceramic tiled roof is that of the Calvinist Church built in 1893-6.